Maine values work-life balance, providing residents the ability to do industry-leading work, but also maintain low cost of living, higher salaries, and access to Maine’s natural resources and cultural vibrancy.
Maine is one of the greatest natural playgrounds in the world. It offers 5,000 miles of spectacular coastline, majestic mountain ranges, and crystal-clear lakes and rivers.
- Portland, ME ranked 2018 Restaurant City of the Year
- Portland, ME named World’s Best City for Craft Beer
- Maine ranks first in the nation for public safety
- Make ranks No. 1 for the highest percentage of grade A hospitals
- IDEXX named Maine’s 2nd best employer
- Portland, ME named one of the best places to live in the United States
“Great science is like great art; you need to be creative to do it, and to do it well, and that ethos is here.” – Dr. Deborah Bronk