Resources for companies
There are more than 400 companies and organizations working within Maine’s life sciences industry. The state’s top sectors include pharmaceutical and medicine manufacturing, scientific research and development services, medical and diagnostic laboratories, and medical equipment and supplies manufacturing. Maine bioscience companies cover everything from discovery research to commercialization.
- Maine provides significant value on investment to open up opportunity for life science companies, with an abundance of affordable land and resources, and capacity advantages. Learn more
- Maine life sciences companies’ voices carry weight to drive our economy forward, creating more jobs for Mainers and shaping the state’s economy. Learn more
- With over 20 colleges and universities in the state offering degrees in life sciences, Maine has access to a quality, highly skilled workforce, driving both workforce attraction and retention. Learn more
- Maine has direct access to government resources, support, and funding to create business efficiencies and drive growth. Learn more
- Maine is a gateway to the life sciences world, just a 1-hour and 45-minute drive from a global hub, but with ease of traveling, low traffic congestion, and public transit commuting. Learn more