Academic scholarships for life science majors
A highly trained workforce is a critical component for the development and advancement in the life science community in Maine. We want to further support scientific achievement by helping students who are interested in developing a career within the life sciences.
Bioscience Association of Maine funds $4,000 Academic Scholarships to undergraduate students majoring in the field of life sciences. Funding to cover costs associated with attending university.
- Residency – must be enrolled in a Maine academic institution OR have a valid Maine ID (letter of acceptance from a Maine institution, transcript from a Maine institution or a Maine ID is required).
- Income – Demonstrate unmet financial need.
- Life science majors only. Some life science majors include biology, biomedical sciences, bioengineering, ecology, virology – for a full list please see examples HERE.
- High School Seniors
- Senior standing – Plan to graduate from a Maine high school in spring 2022.
- Fall College Enrollment –Planning to enroll full-time in a bachelor’s degree program at an accredited higher education institution in the fall directly after your graduation from high school.
- Existing Undergrad College Students
- College enrollment – must be accepted to or enrolled in an accredited full-time college program in the field of bioscience.
- Apply between February 1 – March 25, 2022.
- Award recipient(s) are announced on April 15, 2022 via email.
- Awardees must submit college acceptance letter by June 1 (incoming freshman only).
- Awardees must provide a letter of enrollment in mid-September and award will be disbursed on October 1.
- Follow up: BioME requires proof of college enrollment when the academic year starts (mid-September). Awardees are also asked to provide a written testimonial explaining how the scholarship helped them in their academic development.
- Can a candidate attend a school out of state?
- Yes, as long as they have a valid Maine ID
- What is considered as a life science major?
- Please see HERE for examples of eligible majors.
- What do I need to submit with my application?
- Resumé or CV
- Personal Statement – up to 500 words explaining why and how you would benefit from this scholarship written in your own words
- Acceptance Letter – letter of acceptance to college, if you have it (recent high school graduates only)
- Enrollment/Transcript – Letter of enrollment or transcript (college students only)
- Maine State ID – Copy of Maine State ID (if you have one)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Please send directly to BioME via email to email@example.com or by mail to Bioscience Association of Maine, PO Box 3362, Portland, ME 04104.
- Note: Please title attachments with last name and document type ex. Smith Resume
BioME Academic Scholarship Application
If you are experiencing technical difficulties when submitting this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.