Increasing visibility and influence of Maine’s life sciences industry
BioME works in a non-partisan manner with our members, policy members, partners and the public to:
- MONITOR current state legislation that affects our members and the life sciences community in Maine.
- EDUCATE policy makers and government agencies on state economy, needs, challenges and legislative priorities.
- INFORM our membership and the general public on current legislation that may affect the life science industry in Maine.
- COLLABORATE with partners, policymakers and other organizations for positive life science advocacy outcomes.
Maine’s life sciences community works to drive global health innovations, products, and services that improve and save lives. BioME works to advance state and federal policies that enable companies and entrepreneurs to convert innovative ideas into new products, services and jobs.
2022 Legislative Priorities
- Promote a supportive tax and regulatory environment
- Build strong bioscience workforce by supporting STEM education and workforce development initiatives
- Strengthen incentives for innovation and business, including funding for higher ed and research capital for startups
- Increase capital to advance bioscience in the State
BioME brings together organizations from across Maine to support and enhance the state’s life sciences industry. We collaborate with economic development organizations, incubators, accelerators and state and local governments to identify solutions and promote legislation that advances the industry.
2023 State Legislative Tracker
For more information, and to see current legislative status of the bills, please click below. The tracker us updated weekly during session.
There are many ways for our members and community to get involved in advocacy; stay informed on active legislation related to the life sciences industry, sign or write letters to policy-makers, testify on behalf of the industry or attend advocacy-related events. Your voice is important!